Matthew J. Buzzell, III
Attorney Matthew J. Buzzell, III focuses his Northern California legal practice on workers' compensation cases, labor and employment law, and corporate matters. Mr. Buzzell was born and raised in San Francisco, where his father owned Buzzell Electric Works, the last union electric shop in the city. Today, Mr. Buzzell brings his unique ties to the Bay Area and his lifelong interest in labor and business issues to his legal practice.
Mr. Buzzell has a wealth of experience in representing employers, giving him an in-depth understanding of the defense strategies typically used in labor disputes, knowledge that he now draws on to help plaintiffs who have been harmed on the job. His experience also includes serving as national trial counsel for the California Workers' Compensation Defense Attorneys' Association, and handling more than 100 trials before the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. He also frequently lectures on workers' compensation legal issues, and serves as CEO and general counsel for the San Francisco Institute of Hyperbaric Medicine, a research and development company.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Juris Doctor
- St. Mary's College of California, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Economics
- American Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Bar Association of San Francisco Barristers Club
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association