A Responsive Wage & Overtime Attorney with a Strong Reputation in the Bay Area
Proudly serving the legal needs of workers throughout our community
There are strict state and federal laws that employers must follow related to how they treat their employees, particularly when it comes to wage and overtime issues. If you believe your rights have been violated, speak with an experienced lawyer at the Buzzell Law Group, PC in San Francisco. Our firm has an excellent reputation in the Bay Area, delivering the personal attention and skilled legal guidance you need and deserve when dealing with these types of challenges. To learn more about your legal options regarding wage and overtime laws, turn to our reputable firm.
Quickly addressing wage and hour violations
California’s wage and overtime laws set standards for how employees should be compensated for the time they work, including minimum wage, overtime, rest breaks, tips, when they get paid and how to calculate how much time they have actually worked. We assist with the following issues:
- Violation of minimum wage laws: Right now, the state’s minimum wage is $9 per hour, and it will increase to $10 an hour in January 2016. This includes tipped employees, who have the right to the same minimum wage rate as any other worker in the state.
- Unpaid overtime and sick days: There are laws in place related to how many hours employees can work before receiving overtime pay, and they also have the right to accrue sick days. Some employers infringe on these workers’ rights, however, failing to offer proper compensation.
- Misclassification of employees as exempt: In an effort to pay workers less than what they deserve, some employers will misclassify employees as exempt from state and federal wage and overtime laws.
- Late pay: In addition to providing adequate compensation for employees, business and organizations need to pay their workers on a set schedule. If they miss a payment or a check bounces, you may need to take legal action to receive the money owed to you.
- Independent contractor rights: Although contractors are not employees of the organization for which they perform work, they do still have certain protections under California’s labor laws. We fight for the rights of independent contractors, who sometimes suffer abuse because of their non-employee status.
If you believe your employer has violated your rights related to wage and overtime, it may be necessary to take legal action to correct the wrongdoing. We have years of experience with tough labor law issues, and we’re passionate about representing workers throughout the Bay Area.
Consult an experienced wage and overtime attorney in San Francisco
If you believe your employer has violated your rights, learn more about your options by working with the team at the Buzzell Law Group, PC. From our office in San Francisco, we proudly serve clients across the Bay Area. To get started today, call 415-552-5582 or contact us online.